Monday, February 2, 2009

Are we, the people, the problem?

Are we, the people, the problem?

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The fear is palpable and real.
Once upon a time, working for the state meant you didn't have to worry about job security. The same was true of local hospitals and big department stores.
Now, it seems, no job is safe.
Last week I suggested state government examine some of the ways it spends money. Maybe, I thought, the state could cut corners, the way most of us are doing at home.
I asked if it makes sense to spend $8.5 million to improve the sidewalks and grounds around the Capitol. I wondered if it was necessary to give raises to the presidents of our state universities. I joined the chorus questioning whether the governor should have appointed former state Rep. Dan Surra as senior adviser for "Pennsylvania Wilds" at $95,000 a year.
Plenty of you had plenty to say.
read more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment