The Lumber Heritage Region of Pennsylvania (LHR) and the Pennsylvania Wilds Planning Team (PWPT) are pleased to announce the region’s 2014 Mini-Grant Program.
The type of grants considered will be projects that implement recommendations of the LHR Management Action Plan, LHR Interpretive Plan, the PWPT 3 Year Strategic Plan, the Pennsylvania Wilds Planning Study and the Pennsylvania Wilds Design Guide. Eligible project activities would include, but not limited to interpretive/educational exhibits and materials, and promotional/marketing products that specifically promote the Lumber Heritage Region and/or the Pennsylvania Wilds.
· Marketing and educational pieces that promote the heritage of the area
· Promoting awareness & utilization of the PA Wilds Design Guide
· Trail development and Interpretative signage
· Packaged itineraries and products associated with those itineraries.
· Elements from existing plans including but not limited to trails, watershed, Greenway or heritage community plans.
Eligible applicants for the program would include non-profit 501(c)3 organizations, municipalities, COG's, Conservation Districts, and Housing and Redevelopment Authorities. The project must be located within the boundaries of the Lumber Heritage Region/Pennsylvania Wilds Region.
Details and application packet are available on the LHR website at www.lumberheritage.org or by calling the LHR at 814-486-0213.
Funding for the Lumber Heritage Region/Pennsylvania Wilds Planning Team 2014 Mini-Grant Program is provided through the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Bureau of Recreation and Conservation (BRC)
Michael S. Wennin
Lumber Heritage Region of Pennsylvania, Inc.
20 East 5th Street
Emporium, PA 15834